What does Wondering mean? How can it change our life? For whom is this website intended?
Wondering . . . .
– To realize with great admiration that there’s a TREMENDOUS world and universe out there worthy of your discovery and marvel; To relentlessly and passionately pursue and appreciate Truth, Beauty and Freedom no matter where it can be found, or wherever it may lead; To realize the world is much more than what you’ve been taught to comprehend; To desire to rise above the mundane and create an enriched life of joy and satisfaction. (a personal definition)
This small piece of online acreage is something I’ve considered for many years. So much has gone into preventing me from taking action, but the quotes below have driven me to ‘bite the bullet’ and create this haven.
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart. No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet, death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it, and that is how it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It’s life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.” – Steve Jobs
“One day you will wake up and realize that life has passed you by, that your dreams of today are gone, that the things you wanted are no longer there. Not today. Not now. Not your life. This is the day where you take control and create your future. Life isn’t about waiting, hoping or wishing. It is about creating, doing and truly living. Today is that day.” — Brad Gast
The purpose of this space . . .
I don’t write to change the world. I’m not naive enough to believe my words can affect substantive change among the population at-large. However, . . . if even one person was positively influenced by what exists here, then my efforts have been rewarded.
I fully realize each individual walks a totally unique path for their lives. No one person will be swayed by someone else’s writings and perspective, no matter how compelling – unless the soul doing the reading and searching is open and ready to expand their reality and belief systems beyond the years of what they’ve been raised and taught. And even then, the inquiring soul can only digest small, incremental changes to their paradigm, such that their road to continued and ultimate realization is one of tiny but critical steps to discovery.
This site isn’t targeted to the general populace. That majority isn’t actively seeking answers to life’s greatest mysteries or wanting to relish in the beauty of the world. This site’s purpose is two-fold:
- To speak to those rare individuals – and I emphasize the words rare and individuals – who realize the ‘normal’ world is a path of debilitating and mundane life and death. You realize there is so much more to the universe than what we’re told and taught, and you are pulled to discover and experience whatever that universe unfolds. Your life needs to be much more than day-to-day drudgery and complacency.
- As a secondary purpose, I also realize families – after one or two generations – rarely ever have an idea what their ancestors were about (their interests, passions, pursuits). So in that light, I hope this site provides a representation of who I am for my children, grandchildren and beyond. And, of course, to influence them to pursue excellence, independence and growth – no matter what their age – in whatever time.
A Standard Above The Norm
I feel strongly this world needs a much LARGER representation of books, websites, television shows, documentaries, movies, articles, etc. that compel people to become more than what they are today . . . . Something that makes them realize they are living but a small portion of their possibilities . . . . Something that grabs their soul and yanks them forward with a drive to expand their lives, knowledge, passion and experience.
Of course, for those of you to which this message resonates, this calling has been resident within your your soul for many years – if not since childhood. You’ve been pulled from within to seek, expand, grow, and soar. Living the day-to-day mundane has been – or continues be – an unacceptable alternative.
I don’t write for those who never read…. who never question…. who never appreciate… who never wonder… who never challenge… who never change… who never grow. The main stream media serves the majority rather well.
I write for…..
- people who seek beyond the daily mundane
- souls who are moved by satiating beauty
- intellects who continually pursue ultimate truth and reality
- people who question the norms and paradigms
- citizens of the universe who strive for liberty, sovereignty and self-responsibility
- creators who love building
- ‘Walking Question Marks’ who never stop challenging what they’re told
- self-authorities who are comfortable becoming their own experts and guiding their lives and pursuits accordingly
- and independents who want nothing to do with conforming to society for others’ sake’s.
It is this group of rare individuals who I address in all I share.
Seek, Discover, Soar!
Meet the author . . .
James L. Patterson
Walking Question Mark, Amatuer Philosopher, Beauty Lover, Creator/Builder, Knowledge Adventurer
I’ve always had a deeply ingrained drive within me to seek and represent the truth – even in childhood. Learning, building and discovering were also important and exciting to me. Beautiful writing and music touched my soul as a teen.
However, most of my significant personal growth didn’t occur until my 40s, after many years of marriage and raising a family. It was at that time I started on a path of continued learning, discovery, development and paradigm shifts.
This exciting road has brought to me a life of incredible happiness, satisfaction and appreciation.
The values most important to me include: Discovery, Beauty, Self-Actualization, Adventure, Expertise, Freedom, Individualism, Self-Reliance, Intelligence, Integrity, Knowledge, Passion, Accuracy, Justice, Truth, Visualization, Results, Love, Joy, Pleasure.
. . . . . . . . . . . . .